[Dailydrool] Kelvin's one month update

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Mon Jan 12 12:48:36 PST 2009

Here's the video, but YouTube wouldn't let me post it due to copyright
issues because of the song I wanted...... so I went through photo bucket.
http://s551.photobucket.com/albums/ii462/DKFry/?action=view&current=Kelvinsfirstmonth.flv

A recap of all the issues in the last month:
Total weight gain of 12 pounds from the first record at the shelter.
We are almost done with the antibiotics for the erlichia.
His weight gain is slowing so we are going to change his food to
something that will help continue the gaining since he's still too thin.
Seriously, you can still see all the bones in his head and his hips. Vet
want's him at 55 pounds, so 9 more to go.
He's been having some major issues with gas and trapped gas so we are
starting beano tonight to see if that helps, if not we may have to start
eliminating a few grains from his food and possibly switching him over
to Tesla's allergy food.
He has an ear infection now that is going to require a vet visit, I was
able to get a cancellation appointment for Thursday, so we've moved up a
day.
His teeth are awful which may be part of the reason he's not gaining as
much weight as we thought he should, even though 12 lbs in a month is
terrific. Vet was thinking 15 in the first month. No complaints though.
Once he is stable enough for surgery again we will have a cleaning and
he's probably going to loose a few teeth. At that point we get a firm
answer on how old he really is.

We still haven't decided if we are going to keep him or adopt him out
once he's healthy enough. I've gotten attached, which is NOT normal for
me. We do have a few people interested in adopting. So we'll have a
touch decision to make later on.

Carmen