[Dailydrool] Hungry

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 14 16:11:26 PST 2009

cold must make bassets extra hungry.  When I got home from work today, every little crumb of dog food was gone from every bowl.  This is a very unusual occurence around here.  We usually always leave food in the bowls.  They love the wet and hate the dry food or at least don't eat the dry very well.  They only get a little wet to go on top of the dry.  Today there was not one loose morsel of dog food anywhere.  Not one.  I guess that is a good sign and maybe we give them too much if they are leaving it.  I just don't want them to be hungry because I am sure they have been in the past.

Of course the teenager was griping after feeding the dogs that there wasn't anything edible for him either.  Well, that's because he has eaten everything that isn't nailed down.

Of course if either the bassets or the boys eat with anymore enthusiasm, I will be forced to find another job.  I should anyway.  Feeding is expensive.  But the pleasure on their little or big faces when they have enough to eat is priceless.

Have a nice warm, well fed evening.
Ninja, Marley, Maggie, and Shelby, the never full foster
and the never done finding food Mom