[Dailydrool] Dachshunds

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 15:00:20 PST 2009

I love pretty much all types of dogs.  The one exception is dachshunds.  They don't like me.  Maybe I look mean or smell bad or something.  I have only had experiences with two but pretty much all of those were bad.

My inlaws took in a 6 year old dachshund when her owner didn't want her anymore.  She was cute as could be.  She was cuddly looking but looks can be deceiving.  The real reason I disliked her was that she bit my oldest son on the stomach when he was 4 months old.  It was my fault because I left him on a blanket on the floor while I went to get something.  Liza ran ofer to the blanket to look him over,  I thought and before I could react, she bit his stomach where it was exposed and ran off.  He was not even moving around. I thought that dog was inhabited by demons.  She was jealous I think.  The inlaws were also keeping our old dog Rowdy and Liza would bite the ends off of all the biscuits so they could be hers.  She never ate them, just bit them because she could.

The other dachshund who didn't like me  was named Flossie(by a dentist).   I tried to make friends with her but she would start growling at me as soon as she saw me and would not stop until she couldn't see me any more.  She did not do that to anyone else in the family.  I am the most dog friendly person in the family.  Like I said, I must smell or look unfriendly.  I always loved the way they look and how fiesty they are.

Sending keep warm drool and hair if anyone wants it.  From the deep freeze of Southern Illinois.  Hasn't been this cold here in ten years.
Julie with the four very warm mobile space heaters, Ninja, Marley, Maggie, and Shelby the foster