[Dailydrool] Pearl

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sat Jan 31 04:23:18 PST 2009

Melissa, we are so sorry that Harvey has passed to the bridge, we send sincere condolences, and please hug Pearl tight for us-
As to advice for Pearl, I can say that when Casey left for the bridge, we held our breath as she and Ol' Bob were inseperable for 12 years. They grew old together, spent so many years side by side, and we watched Ol Bob mourn. It was hard to see him so sad, and the whole pack was so upset. We gave all of them reinforcements that all was okay, we were there for them. We seen them come around, the sniffing and the hunting for her became less in about a week, and the pack order changed to adjust for the loss. I think the main thing was keeping their world as you might say, the same. I only picked up her bowl, I left everything else the same. My thought was they seen one of the pack leave and they-all being rescue hounds-were afraid they were leaving next. The younger ones were actually more upset than Ol Bob.
For us, routine was the element that brought them around, a couple weeks later, even Ol Bob was settled down, and things changed, they made the adjustment.
I would give Pearl time, keep things the same. As hard as it is all around, give her time to mourn, yourself time to heal.
We send many condolences this week, we are so sorry for all the loss.

Drool to all in need

Debbie Winchester
Ol' Bob, Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake, OEBE Elder Clara - Queen of Farts,
Brudder Elwood OEBE
Instigator of Evil Deeds
Virginia Beach Basset Hounds