[Dailydrool] Clean slate

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Thu Jan 1 16:19:16 PST 2009

We started the New Year out with a clean slate. It's super cold here today - about 5* and WINDY! Wind chill is -10. So since everyone was going out only for seconds to take care of business, I sent the troops out to do their duty and got everything ready. Now, every towel is dirty, but 5 hounds are clean as a whistle! I figured I had time for them to dry inside, since they didn't want to go out anyway, and with the 10" of snow yesterday, once they do go back out they won't get dirty or muddy. Kahuna gets baths regularly for shows, but the others....well, not so much. They weren't impressed with my plan, but Barney did really enjoy the thorough drying with the towel warm from the dryer. I had a hard time convincing him he was dry enough. He thought we needed to keep drying for another 20 minutes. So with clean fur and full tummies, the snores can be heard throughout the house....Now that is a good way to start the New Year.

Oh, and Zuma has mastered the Great Fake Out. He doesn't want to go out in the cold, so he goes out, runs out in the yard, pauses, and runs back to the door. If I'm not watching, I don't realize he hasn't done his business and let him in. He knows I won't let him just stand at the door, but he's figured out that he can make a quick run and stupid mom will let him right back in. And I wonder why I keep finding accidents in the house..sigh.

Drool to all in need -
Synthia
Bud, Barney, Kahuna, Zuma, Pearl
Ace the Newf