[Dailydrool] Ice Melt

Diane Surman diane512 at ptd.net
Fri Jan 2 07:21:51 PST 2009

Hi,
I have not used the ice melt you specifically asked about but I do use the
Qik Joe Safe Pet Ice Melt. I've been using it for the past 2 winters here in
PA where we get snow and a lot of freezing rain.  It has a Siberian Husky on
the bag. It does say the main ingredient is Propylene Glycol.  I have used
Simple Solution Ice Melting Pellets that I got at Petsmart but that stuff is
way to expensive to use in the quantities I'd need living here.  The
ingredients in the Simple Solution brand is Carbamide Resin, Glycol
Admixture and non-staining dye.

I have not had any problems with the Qik Joe ice melt since I have been
using it and it is a lot cheaper.

Hope this is helpful.