[Dailydrool] FW: Rescue assistance - flights

Pat Wood patshoundies at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 3 09:39:24 PST 2009

From: patshoundies at hotmail.comTo: www.dailydrool at dailydrool.orgSubject: Rescue assistance - flightsDate: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 11:05:43 -0500

Did anyone else see the NBC segment yesterday about Pilots who are providing services to shelters and rescues to move animals by air? WOW!  apparently a lady asked a pilot friend to assist her in getting a dog who was in a high kill shelter in another state to go pick up the dog and he brought it to her..I believe they are in South Carolina, and they found there are many animals in shelters where there are no adoptions, however, other states might accept the animals. And, there are lots and lots of pilots who are animal lovers who LOVE to fly, whatever the cause, and this is such a great one that Pilots n Paws was founded. I went on their website this morning, and found that posted is a pilot here in Florida willing to go to Georgia or Florida to pick up an animal!  This can only be a great benefit to shelters and rescue groups nationwide!..and of course, ultimately to the many thousands of pets who are "wanted" but just can't "get" to their forever homes!  Thank you Pilots n Paws for this work! PilotsnPaws at gmail.com Pat WoodSuncoast Basset RescueOliver & Hannah (we lucky - our foster mom only had to drive 2 hrs to pick us up!)Ethel - I'm lucky too!