[Dailydrool] Addison's Disease is not awful, nor does it have to be expensive

Beth_Fuller at alnd.uscourts.gov Beth_Fuller at alnd.uscourts.gov
Sat Jan 3 11:48:50 PST 2009

I missed the post about Addison's Disease, but want to say that Addison's
Disease is not awful and does not have to be expensive.

Like several other droolers, I have had more than 1 basset with Addison's
Disease and know how easy it is to control and how the cost can be very
manageable.

Addison's Disease is not a death sentence.  If your Addisonian basset is
not the picture of health otherwise, she is not being properly medicated.
The unfortunate fact is that many vets have no idea what Addison's Disease
is, much less how to treat it properly.

Please contact me if you have any issues or questions regarding Addison's.
 There is also a very helpful list for dogs with Addison's -
www.k9addisons.com

Beth, Abby, Kaylee and Rosie