[Dailydrool] Chief going to the bridge

Sherry Tracy tracyhoundranch at woh.rr.com
Sat Jan 3 16:41:30 PST 2009

 Dear Basset Friends,

I thought I would never write this email or the words would never have to cross my lips. Chief has been sick now for a month and at first we thought it was a cold. Took him to the vet they said that his throat was red and swollen. gave him med and a shot lasted for two weeks and we were back they gave him some other med and a shot and we were back in week this time is was new years eve and I took him back today to have a battery of test run. when they did the x-rays they found tons or white spots in his lungs and esophagus. So they ran blood test and it confirmed the worst. He is full cancer. they gave him a shot and sent him home on meds so we can spend some time with him. So Tuesday afternoon I will pet my best friend for the last time. As you know chief has been my side kick ever since he came to us to foster with OBR he was unable to adopt due to he attitude and attacking when he did not get his way. For 6 years he has been there we have had road trips, one of which chief and nugget went to the daily Drool panic at basset nationals in Gettysburg. Vacations to VA, SC, GA. Donattia  (Pet Physic) told me  5 years ago that chief felt that his job was to go with me. he likes music and loves to go with me. So go with me is his job. I don't know if he knew what he got into but he was always there. Over the years he has been there through it all. The pain and always there to pull me through a bad day or bad news from the doctors. thus is were he got the name Chief The Man because he is the man. He is my man and Iam going to be lost with out him. Not to bring up the fact that McDonald will have not be selling 1/2 as many cheese burgers now. LOL

Sherry

Mom of the Tracy Hound Ranch
helping homeless hounds find their forever homes

Mom & Partner to Petunia Lou Certified AAT Team