[Dailydrool] Happy New Ears and other stuff...

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Sat Jan 3 19:15:28 PST 2009

 Er...umm...harumph.? This is Dozer Boneworthy Lowrider pawing in.? It's been a good while since I have had the pleasure of addressing all you hounds and houndettes.? I am not really sure what all
this New Ears business is - but all the humans around here have been
saying it for days.? Frankly, I am perfectly satisfied with my old
ears, they suit my dignified profile quite nicely.

 Things are pretty good here, even if we no longer get to ride in the BUV to the dogpark when the strangers come to look at our house.? It was good fun, even if I had to be smooshed in with the other three whilst on the way.? The smells and ability to frolic once there more than made up for any sniping by that little whippersnapper, Dudley.? I tell you, he has no respect for his Elder...harumph.? More on that later.?

Anyroo, the slaves leave us in the garage now, a marvelous place where we were formerly NOT allowed.? They provide beds for us and give us special "be good while we're gone" bones from the butcher.? Quite yummy!? No one comes into the garage to give us belly rubs, however, because the slaves have posted a sign which says "Please do not let the hounds out - they are escape artists."? I never...

Every month Mama reads me Grandpa Mitchell and Elder Clara's columns in the Hounds Abound newsletter.? Both are filled with much wisdom befitting such sterling examples of mature houndage.? Elder Clara, your column this month was especially delightful.? I wish I were closer - I would definitely take you out on the town...hehehe.

On to that whippersnapper, Dudley.? I ask you - when a senior hound such as myself is lounging on the couch with their Mama, is is not just common sense to respect said senior hound?? Not Dudley.? No sireee.? He has to get all mouthy, and growl...GROWL, I say, at me!? Needless to say, one glimpse of my pearly whites and he backs off.? Sigh...it's difficult and tiring work training the youngsters...

It is very heartening to read about all the humans who have opened their hearts to homeless hounds lately.? Every hound should have a forever home and slave who love them.

On that note, drool to all who need it.

Yours in Bassetude,
Dozer Boneworthy Lowrider

?Sandi / NJMedic702