[Dailydrool] Tanking up

Horse n Hound horsenhound at nac.net
Sun Jan 4 06:00:02 PST 2009

My kids do that as well.  What I have noticed is that when we fed 100% raw
food, they did not tank up.  100% raw is kind of expensive, so we feed 50%
raw and 50% grain free kibble (Innova EVO).  They eat once a day, in the
evening.  They really go for the water after eating.  Since EVO has no grain
to swell in their tummies, I am not concerned about bloat.

Our dog food guru says feeding once a day is more effective because a dog's
stomach is like an accordion and needs to be expanded for the digestion to
work.  The exception is if you feed a food that contains grain.  Then bloat
is a concern and more, smaller meals are better.

Oh, and FYI, Old Mother Hubbard (Wellness) and Eagle have both been bought
by the same holding company.  Wellness and certain Eagle foods will be
combined as Well Pet.  No word on Eagle Holistic though.  This is the same
holding company that makes Elmer's Glue.

The Jersey Girls, plus
Alice, the slave;
PW Harley Chick RN CGC, Fred RN CGC & Miss Harley CGC, the bassets;
Annie & Scotch, the horses; Charlie, the parrot