[Dailydrool] Tanking up, license fees and thanks

Helen and Earl Hocking hockshounds at comcast.net
Sun Jan 4 09:44:34 PST 2009

Reading the thread on tanking up on water, I am so glad to know I am not
alone--our Columbo is another power slurper.  There are times when he drinks
for so long, I feel compelled to stop him!  Why he doesn't explode after
drinking so much water is a mystery to me.  And he always greets us when we
come home by running to the bowl and drinking as if to say "look what a good
boy I am!"  (maybe because it's one of those Bistro's that "blurk" and used
to scare the you know what out of him when it did!?)  Bob simply won't drink
out of the bowl if the toilet is available, and Andi is a very delicate
drinker.  And to Synthia, yes we too have always been able to tell who's at
the bowl by the sound of the slurps!!  Is this like Moms who recognize their
babies cries?  LOL

Here in Mobile, we pay either $2.00 or $3.00 to license each dog (for
spayed/neutered), but it costs a LOT more if the dog is not.

And finally, a huge thank you to everyone who voted for Chili---she was,
alas, only 35 votes shy of winning (her total was 457 votes!) but though she
may not have won the top dog title, she'll always be a top dog to her Mom
and I, the proud ex foster mom!  Ahhh, the power of Droolers--we are indeed
grateful.

Helen, momslave to Columbo, Bob and Andi the foster