[Dailydrool] License fees

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Sun Jan 4 09:54:08 PST 2009

License fees in my town are yearly and coincide with their rabies expiration:
$20.00  for altered dogs and cats
$50.00 for unaltered dog and cats
(cats are not required to be licensed)

If I lived in the county (less than a mile up the road) it is half the amount.

Personally I would like to know what these fees actually go for when I pay them. The SPCA is a separate entity here and does not get the fees for license) I know that the few times I have called animal control due to an injured or "at large" aggressive dog, not much has been done.  If it is after hours they won't come and I have been told that unless it is severely injured, to leave the dog be or call the police.  (small town with a limited police force).  I actually had an injured german shorthair in my yard for almost 2 days before we could get them to come and help.  Had the dog been friendlier I could have done more than sneaking old blankets and pushing food and water towards him with a push broom or while he hobble off to do his business.

Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang