[Dailydrool] Carpet Steam Cleaners (long)

Elizabeth Kolenich lizzkolenich at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 15:10:56 PST 2009

I have been through several carpet and steam cleaners in my life and have never really cared for any of them.  They just never seemed to get the carpet as clean as I liked it or always left the carpets soaked after wards.  I found myself paying lots of $$ to have professionals come by every three months to get my carpet clean.

With a four & two year old, three dogs of my own and three cats - I clean them at least once every three weeks.  I have severe allergies and am allergic to my animals and have several friends that visit in the same boat.  So I have to keep my house clean and the animal hair up as much as possible.

Well, one day I borrowed a friends of mine carpet cleaner and it was a Bissell Pro Heat with 2x the brushes.
While cleaning the carpet I saw several clumps of hair come out from the back of the cleaner and stopped to evaluate what was going on.  upon looking under the carpet cleaner I discovered two handfuls of hair this carpet cleaner pulled up - and this was AFTER I vacuumed prior to cleaning.  It was amazing to say the least.  I couldn't believe that my vacuum cleaner didn't pick all this hair up and I have a Eureka bag less that I have to empty after every room because it's so full of hair.

I had to get one of these carpet cleaners and found one a step up from my friends.  It's a Bissell Pro Heat PET Select with 2x the brushes.  OMG!  It has a selected for how dirty the carpet is, a water rinse (so carpet isn't all soapy), "pet eraser" attachments and it sucks the water back up like you wouldn't believe!  I love it and my carpets look just as good as they do when the professionals do them.

There's one that a step up from mine that's the "Clean Shot" and has a dryer on the side.  If you are in the market for an awesome carpet cleaner, I highly recommend one of these three.  Price ranges are $200, $260 & $300.  I found mine at Lowe's for $260 and got it for $208.
 Lizz Kolenich
Basset Hound Rescue of Alabama
Trustee, Intake Coordinator & Foster Mom/Failure
www.bhra.org

Visit my Ebay Store / Note items that will donate to BHRA
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/mom2my2midgets_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ