[Dailydrool] Happy gotcha day to Brudder Elwood/Tanking Up/ Carpet cleaners

JACQIE MARVICH oakrydgebh7 at msn.com
Sun Jan 4 16:59:07 PST 2009

Weez awl dancin round on happy paws cewebratin Brudder Elwood's first gotcha day. We lubs him and hims antics. We tinks he lubs Elder Clara and just can't resist her charms. Dis Me Jolie. Okay Momma, you can paw now. (Hi BobTheDog. Me lubs you too. Snooters. Jolie)

Momma here....We have several tankers here. Some will empty the bowl or bucket and wait for me to refill it even if they aren't going to drink more. Like they want to make sure that it is full before they leave it. Two are littermate sisters and another is a sister out of a different litter. All have the same mom, Toffee. She doesn't tank so much as her brother Nathan does. I've seen him drink a full gallon of water and leave a long trail of watery drool as he leaves the water bowl. I would consider most of the others moderate drinkers. I've never thought tanking to be a problem. I just figured they're thirsty.

We don't allow "throne water" to be consumed by the houndage or Megan the Tall Dog, who by the way, has to have her own private water source because she won't drink "basset water". She will however drink "goat water" outside. Go figure.

We have one of the Bissell Pro Heat 2X cleaners and I would agree that it does a great job cleaning the carpet especially if you remember to use it. LOL! I'll be giving it a good workout here after winter is over. It does gather the hound hair just like mentioned. I've been very happy with it.

Jacqie Marvich
Oakrydge Bassets