[Dailydrool] Drinking and tooting

Anita Woodrum a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 4 19:56:29 PST 2009

My Gracie drinks from anything and everything that has water in it.  We have
NEVER passed a puddle that she didn't try to drink dry.  (In Texas there are
lots of puddles because of yard sprinklers.)  When she drinks out of a bowl
or the outside bucket, it's very strange, she sticks her entire head into
the bowl up to her eyeballs, then drinks and drinks, then lifts her head out
with her mouth open, and then it's Niagara Falls!!!  The vet said she drinks
like a horse does.  And you can bet that I definitely know she's the one
drinking.  Sounds like an old, loud dishwasher.  Now, on to farting, or
toots as we delicately call it here.  Many years ago I had a cat named Toby,
who was known in the family as Toby Tooter.  My vet at the time (who was
really, really good) said that it was just the way his GI tract was, not to
worry about it.  Toby would also get diarrhea at the drop of a hat.  Mr.
Gus, my Dachshund who died last February, was a champion tooter, very smelly
and totally silent.  We'd be sitting watching TV and all the sudden, boom,
no sound but the air was full of noxious fumes.  That was my Gus.  Boy, do I
miss him.

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net