[Dailydrool] mouse traps and bleeding and round rawhides general rambling

beckyandgeorgie beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 5 07:13:57 PST 2009

I just caught this but want to say I was worried about  Becky  setting off traps.  I   couldn't stand watching  the mice get caught and not killed and lots of blood  so mice win for now - and where's Houdini - out working for someone else.   Yes if an ear got in those traps cuz their ears bleed profusely I found out during a fight  could really hurt them. Then they panic.  Surprisingly what seems to deter mice (not bassets)  is pure oil of pepperment not cooking kind aromatic - I sprinkle it and they don't seem to like it at all.
Once when dazey and apollo both got those round rawhides stuck in roof of their mouth - well guess who came to me for help - the Airedale of course  and no the basset Dazey was struggling to get it out but couldn't so glad I was home or it could've been disastrous.
So no more round rawhides the white cheap kind and watch traps.
How about balloons filled with pebbles? That would stop Miss Becky
Georgie and Miss Becky