[Dailydrool] License fees and "Tanking up"

Deb Good dlgood66 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 11:28:37 PST 2009

Ok, so I'm a little behind on Drools-again!  But wanted to comment on a couple of subjects.
First, here in Allegheny County (Pittsburgh), Pa. the license fee for unaltered dogs is $8 per
year and $6 per year for altered dogs.  If you are a senior citizen the fees are a little cheaper.
 However, the fines if Animal Control catches your dog without a license are huge!  (A couple of
years ago I heard a rumor that the fine was $300 per day!).  Gotta have your check in by December
31 every year.  Any dog over the age of 3 months has to have a license.  Don't know if this is
just my county, or the whole state.

As for "tanking up", Sean does that.  You can almost set your watch by when he goes to the water
bowl.  He usually takes a drink around 10am then not again until 9pm.  And he drinks every last
drop in the bowl.  I leave a full bowl of water down all day, but he won't touch it until those
specific times.  If it's hot, or he's been out on a walk or a romp in the yard with the
two-leggers, he might take a few sips, but that's it.  Otherwise, it's the whole bowl at his
special "times".  And, he goes 8+ hours in the crate at night while we're all sleeping and has
never once peed in the crate!

And, one year ago today I brought little Sean home.  He's such a good boy-a big mush and he makes
us laugh every day.  I can't beleive a year has gone by so quickly!

Deb