[Dailydrool] Thyroid Medicine Question

Annette Mucci canine.inspirations at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 13:38:28 PST 2009

Question about thyroid re-checks:

Cassie is on Throxin and I have been getting a 3 month prescription from the vet and then I have to bring her back in to have the Thyroid re-check/blood work done, specifically 4-7 hours after I have given her the medicine.

Is it normal to have to keep going back to the vet for a re-check to get more medicine?

She has been on this (as well as all her heart meds) since July, so I'm fairly new to all this medicine.

Just thought I would poll the audience to see because I know that some other droolers have talked about thyroid problems and medicine before.

Thanks for any input.

Love & Drool to All in Need

Annette, Maya, Cassie, Schroeder and my new sweet Sophie McPee