[Dailydrool] Fixing the doggy world

Allison Sommers benchskaters1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 04:16:54 PST 2009

I have one question, wouldn't it be nice if neutering didn't have to be
surgical? I looked up alternatives for spaying/neutering and found a work in
progress called Neutersol (an injection that sterilizes the male dogs).
I thought it sounded great until I read some of the comments on it saying
bad things. Both of these things regarded swelling to a great degree and it
didn't protect from the diseases that male dogs can get if they are not
neutered (like cancer). I don't really know if they could even protect the
dogs from these diseases with an injection, but I think it would still be
great to protect from unneeded pups. And since it isn't surgery it would be
far less expensive and time consuming. All of the pounds and rescue
facilities could spend a quarter of what they are spending now to neuter the
male dogs (they are said to be working on female spaying too) and help
minimize the amount of dogs coming in and out of the pound. I hope that they
do find a way to make this work, It would save thousands of doggy lives.
Please feel free to look Neutersol up and see for yourself about the program
(they accept donations through their website to)

~Allison&Barney