[Dailydrool] Pearl update

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Tue Jan 6 08:09:23 PST 2009

Just a quick note on Pearl, who moved in on Dec 13th, during the power outage. She has settled right in like she's always lived here. Started answering to her name the first day. She is just a love and gives sweet little kisses. She likes to cuddle on the couch, but is fine by herself on one of the beds or chairs too. She gets right in the mix and runs the Basset 500 with Kahuna and Maya the Dane, but she also makes sure they know she is the Alpha Bitch (well, after me of course). They boyz needed that. As for Kahuna, she humps him, knocks him over, steps on him, and he worships the ground she walks on. Just like a teenage boy, huh? Not one accident - she's perfrectly house broken - and she has a lovely singing voice which she uses to let me know she's ready to come in from the cold. Miss Pearl sleeps with me every night and follows me around during the day. All in all, she's the perfect Houndette and we are thrilled that she has joined us here  cold, snowy New England.

Of course the roofers started today (finally) so everyone is outside making sure those bad men don't steal our roof. Sure am glad I'm not up there!

Oh, I picked up the new Sienna yesterday. I'm still getting used to talking to my car and having it talk back. (voice activated bluetooth and navigation....) I had my car call all my friends and leave messages, hehehe.

Still too many going to the Bridge - Pearl has helped heal the losses of Doheny and Miss Maggie, but I see too many others are hurting. Heart drool, get well drool, stay warm and dry drool, and what ever you need drool to all!

Synthia
Bud, Barney, Kahuna, Zuma, Pearl (I'm in charge!)
Ace the Newf
Baja the Saint
Maya the Great Dane