[Dailydrool] Help for Mabel

msbbeabear at comcast.net msbbeabear at comcast.net
Wed Jan 7 19:29:40 PST 2009

Hi Everyone,  as some of you know, I adopted an old girl 10 months ago named Mabel.  She is 14.  This week I found her literally rubbing the bottom of her mouth on her doggie bed until it would bleed.  I wasn;t sure what is going on but started putting some anti itch cream on her several times a day.  It helped some, but then yesterday as I was putting on the cream, I noticed a grape size lump under her chin where she had been rubbing.  I called the vet who was not too concerned and said she probably had an allergy to something or maybe something bit her.  She told me to give her Benadryl and see how she did.   I treated her for a day and she was better not scratching it, but this morning, she seemed to have a hard time eating.  So I fed her some toast and she finally ate that.  I tried to get the vet but no one was there today for some reason and no one has called me back.  Later today when I came home from work, I decided to put her on an antibotic she was on for a similar skin condition a few months ago.  She ate some cheese to get the pill down.  Then she ate some yogurt and tonight she did eat some cooked chicken livers.  I am not sure what this is.  Has anyone had something similar?  It seems to bleed at times especially when she was rubbing it.  Please send some drool her way.  I love Mabel and really want to spend more time with her.

Renee