[Dailydrool] Pierre

Ruth Mayberry ram.berry at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 17:50:14 PST 2009

Drool is being sent your way, Jackie--hang in there!

RUTH & HUCKLE

  Poor Pierre is at the Vet.  On Tuesday, he and Pumpkin went for their 5 -in -1 booster, and 8 hours after he came home, he started to vomit, and vomit, and vomit, and around midnight, he started streaming liquid poop.  I did not have the sense to pull his water, and I wrongly was actually glad to see him drink.  The house is a MESS, but I need to wash the rugs anyway.   We got through the night, and it was an all nighter for Pierre and I, and I got him to the Vet Wed. am.  He stayed all day, got fluids, and late last night, I got the chem panel results back that his liver levels are really bad, way too high.   He got an ultra sound and a liver biopsy today, and I will get another update sometime tonight.  I would have been able to get him home tonight for an overnight here with me, but he would have to go back in the morning.  Since this would mean I would have to leave Mom, who has dementia,  home alone tonight and tomorrow morning, I reluctantly said I thought it best he stay another night.  He will be quiet, and the other 7 hounds here would be poking at him anyway.  He got sedation for the biopsy, too.  The general consensus is that the booster did not cause the problem.  He has been on steroids for 5 years due to his allergies (he is 6), for the most part 5 mg every other day.  Believe me, we have tried alternatives to get him off the steroids, and will still make that our aim.

  I am told that Pierre looks so much better than when he came he was admitted.  When his Vet opened the cage to check him this morning, he bolted out.  (Good boy LOL).  He ate a little, and the vomiting has stopped.  I know he is in great hands.  Of course I worry that he could pick something up, especially if he is weak, but I have to stay positive, as much as I can.

  If there is a little spare drool out there, Pierre can use some.

  Jackie, Pumpkin, Jean Paul, Pierre, Jellybean, Nigel, Colette, Max and Little Nikki