[Dailydrool] Pierre

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 14 06:15:31 PST 2009

Last Wed, about this time, I was packing Pierre up to bring him to the Vet, a VERY SICK boy.  He stayed there 3 1/2 days and 3 nights.  It broke my heart to be away from him, but it was the best thing for him, and after all, it is all about the basset, not the owner. (I am slave to 8).  Even with seven more at home, the house was quiet and empty as was my heart heavy.Several wonderful droolers got me through the ordeal with advice, encouragement and of course Drool.  Pierre was discharged Saturday afternoon, weak and wobbly, but he is making strides in his recovery.  The culprit of his illness was due to a problem with his liver, and his TEAM of Vets is working on the long term plan of action.  He is now taking 14 pills a day (wrapped in deli roast beef), and if not to add more insult to the other hounds, he gets burger and rice, hand fed, (the only way to get him to eat), twice a day.  I am trying to relieve his itch discomfort without medication but rather with constant wipes and topical medication as I had to suspend his allergy pills till the liver issue is resolved.I love the Daily drool for my friends, the advice, the love of bassets, for adopting Little Nikki from BHRA and Max from Tri-State, shopping rescue and the opportunity to empty my wallet whenever I can to help a basset or rescue in need.  It is good for my soul.Peace, Love and Drool,Jackie and the hounds