[Dailydrool] Wilsonthehouseguest for not much longer

Kimberly Baker kbaker at mail.cosi.org
Fri Jan 9 10:59:17 PST 2009

Dear drool friends,

The time I've been dreading has finally come.  Wilson's parents want him to join them in California...we live in Ohio.  If I weren't having a hard enough time with the impending separation, his "real" mom wants me to put him on a plane to LA in about a month.

I'm not terribly comfortable with this idea, but I don't see any alternatives.  (For some reason my husband won't let me drive cross-country and back.)  Further, any brilliant idea I might come up with would have to meet her approval...and I don't think she'll relent.  Wilson is terribly skittish and fairly thin (45 lbs or so), and I'm afraid he'll be scared and shivering in the baggage hold.  God forbid he escapes, since he runs VERY fast.

So am I paranoid, perfectly correct, or just a little crazy?  And are there options we haven't though about?

Feel free to respond privately.

Kimberly
Bailey ob Columbus and Wilsonthehouseguest

P.S.  The boys are in the calendar for either July or July 1, I think.  Ours must be one of the missing calendars...