[Dailydrool] Catching up with Miss Angela

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Sun Jan 11 10:07:19 PST 2009

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

My employer emphatically points out that I have been remiss in keeping her name out before her public and, in truth, I was aware that I had not posted her doings and sayings for a while.   What can I say.  Bad employee.  Of course, since I had virtually no time off during the holidays, I am feeling particularly put upon.  Be that as it may, here are Angela's positions on relatively current issues:
On stretching:  Angela frequently stretches like a cat-legs out front, long stretch of the back ending up by lowering the hindquarters to the floor.  She also stretches while lying on her side, arching her back and throwing her head back toward her tail.

On "fluffing", Miss Angela is firmly of the "Don't ask, don't tell" school of thought.  One would never know that she had passed gas by looking at her.
Her expression and posture never change.  When my eyes tear up, the paint begins to peel on the walls and the room is engulfed in a green fog, I mentally check on what I have been feeding her.  There is one type of "country stew" canned dog food that she is not fond of and which seems to engender unbelievably rank  outbursts.    But she will never register any sign that she either smells the effluvia or felt any escapage.  Her dramatic training enables her to focus on other things.

Until recently, Miss Angela slept downstairs and I slept upstairs.  For the last month or two, however, she has begun coming upstairs when I retire.  I remind her that there needs be a separation between on-duty-staff-time and my personal time.  This makes her now difference whatsoever.  She will even go to the base of the stairs, go up a step or two and look back at me when she feels that I am staying up too late.  Sometimes she will just see me tucked into bed and then go back downstairs to sleep on the couch or in my chair.  Other times, she will settle in on a pile of dirty clothes (Yes, I pre-sort my laundry as soon as I take it off, resulting in three piles of dirty clothes on my bedroom floor.) for the night.  In the morning, she has begun coming to my bedside and asking for ear skritches just before 7 AM (my work day does not normally begin until after 8).  If I give in and caress her head for 5 minutes she may relent and allow me to sleep another half hour or so before she becomes insistent that I get up.  A basset snooze button?  As days get longer and it begins to lighten up earlier, I may have to insist on my personal space and force her to stay downstairs so that I can get a full night's sleep.

Drool to all in need and fortitude to Elder Clara

Bill (craving a little personal time)
Miss Angela (Aren't you getting two weeks in March to go to Spain?)