[Dailydrool] c at t-dawg

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 11 10:58:26 PST 2009

I am having fun reading about the c at t-dawg thread... back when Elvis still had use of his back legs- he would also arch his back to stretch, much like a c at t upon waking. He would also lie on his back and hold his toy with his paws to play...and he licks his paws as meticulously as any puddyc at t!
He also had an odd way of laying down- his front legs go down and then the back legs sort of hinge and fold and down he'd go. Never plopped down.
He is now able to move his back all the way ( shake etc.) and when he stretches upon waking- even though he can't stand- the back does still arch a bit.
He has managed to wrap the daddy slave around his paw in just a few months! John shares his dinner with Elvis ( and breakfast...and snacks...). The other night John heads off with his filled plate to sit down and eat with Elvis in hot pursuit. John starts to eat and Elvis WOOFS...so John gave him a bite. I said "oh good - you just rewarded that behavior!"- in my mean mommy voice. Well~ by the end of that particular dinner Elvis was fluent in the 'speak' command! Guess you CAN teach an old dawg new tricks.
droolies, Angelika