[Dailydrool] HW Meds

Bassetmomof2 at aol.com Bassetmomof2 at aol.com
Sun Jan 11 15:13:30 PST 2009

Our vet requires a HW test every year regardless of where we buy the
Heartguard.  We used to get it from Fosters and Smith and then were told  that
Heartguard wouldn't cover treatment if the dog developed HW unless it was  purchased
through our vet.  So we went back to the vet.  The vet costs  a little more
but worth the guarantee.  It does chap my buns that they  require the HW test
even though I've obviously bought HW meds their entire lives  for each dog.

I'd be happy with a test every two years.  I have heard that  regardless of
meds some dogs have developed HW - that's why my vet insists on  the test every
year.  We specifically had a couple cases with dogs that  were given the
generic HW treatment.

I'm curious to know what the Drool experts experience.

Helene, Freddie and Ellie

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)