[Dailydrool] slimy ears from bones

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 13 04:31:00 PST 2009

I have found the best bones to be sterilized bones - hikory smoked or plain.  You can stuff them with peanut butter or squirty cheese or just give them to the dogs plain - they go in the dish washer - which is a good thing as some of my dogs like to bury them and then bring them back in the house dirty.

Christmas Eve I have each dog a brand new one plus one extra.  Baby Pete took them one by one and buried them all out in the back then brought them back in Christmas morning.  Into the dishwasher with them and they are as good as new.  My pack sit by the dishwasher when the dishes are finished to see if any warm bones are coming out of it!

No slimy ears.  Nothing consumed unless you stuff them.  Even my 14 year old dog gnaws on one from time to time and the younger guys chew them every day.  We replace them maybe once a year so they are economical too!
GinnyTata-Phillips, author of DOGKU and PETKU