[Dailydrool] Dog Bites

Denise Jungling Djungling at charter.net
Mon Jan 12 22:40:04 PST 2009

I thought this would be the best group of people to ask opinions about
dog bites. My child (6yr) was bitten by a dog last night. She had to go
to the hospital. It got her on the side and shook her, pierced the skin
in multiple places. There's some swelling and lots of bruising. She is
on antibiotics. I did turn in the owner information at the hospital but
it was in a different town than the bite happened and I don't know if
they forward that information.  I will tell you that this was 100%
Unprovoked. This dog bit another child three yrs ago, although it was a
much more minor bite at that time tho that also pierced skin. Now, my
kids will NEVER go to that home again. But the house where the dog
lives, they have kids, school age. My question is, can a dog like this
be rehabbed or is it time for a new home? They are trying to decide
that. The bitter is not a basset, but to make this basset related, I
have a basset.
Just curious about what most people would do with a biter.
Oh and the bite took place in the dog's house, not on the street.