[Dailydrool] Nonstandard English

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Tue Jan 13 14:17:31 PST 2009

Not to pick nits.. and certainly I'm one of the nuttiest of the nits..

but loose ... lose

Random House Unabridged Dictionary copyright 2006

-verb (used with object)
20. to let loose; free from bonds or restraint.
21. to release, as from constraint, obligation, or penalty.
22. Chiefly Nautical. to set free from fastening or
23. to unfasten, undo, or untie, as a bond, fetter, or knot.
24. to shoot; discharge; let fly: to loose missiles at the invaders.
25. to make less tight; slacken or relax.
26. to render less firmly fixed; lessen an attachment; loosen.

In other regards with the Basseteze ... I also rarely read them, either too
complex for me to put together, or my time is too limited to grok.  There
are some I read though... and I wouldn't begrudge those that love basseteze
... it can make or break some people's day... it can be the difference
between eating our dinner or snorting milk out our noses.. and I certainly
would never think to stop that from happening..

... I don't post as much and usually post either in hopes to spark the
comedy, or when there's a serious or urgent issue to try and correct, or
advertize..  Otherwise most of my posts are usually directed to people for
condolences, especially when their story and hound have touched or
"triggered" memories of my own, which I guess is one of "those bonds" .. or
that misery that some of us share, and to which we could wish away for even
our enemies to never know those pains.. but we always know in the end, our
hounds dig holes in our heart that hurt when they are empty just to remind
us of what was there.

-Robert