[Dailydrool] Buford vs. Guinness the cat

Heidi I Sarver sarvermb at UDel.Edu
Tue Jan 13 14:43:25 PST 2009

For the life of me I couldn't figure out why a quiet house was
suddenly filled with the whining and whimpering of a 10-year old
basset hound.  The horrible sounds were coming from the family room
so I got up from the kitchen table to take a gander....and there is
Buford standing in front of his favorite chair.  He's stomping one
front paw and making this terrible whining sounds.  Why you ask?
Because Guinness the 14-lb cat was sleeping in the chair and
apparently the almost-60 lb basset hound is AFRAID to "relocate" the
kitty.

So I did what all good slaves do:  I picked up the sleeping cat, put
him on the couch and said, "Go on Buf--it's ok now."  And sure enough
he wagged his tail a little harder, hopped up on the chair and fell
into a deep sleep in about 30 seconds.

Ah the things we do to keep peace in the family.

--heidi, buford-OEBE Garbagemeister Extraordinaire, della and
guinness the scary, scary kitty cat