[Dailydrool] Tucker Update and a question.

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Tue Jan 13 16:20:39 PST 2009

The power of drool and prayers with the help of a little antibiotics
is working it's magic.   His WBC's are down to 19,500 and the alkaline
phos. is almost in the normal range.  He is still not 100%, but he is feeling
so much better and so is this MomSlave.  He goes back next week for a follow
up x-ray to see if the pneumonia is gone.

 Before Tucker was diagnosed with seizures and the
aggressive behavior  that is occurs after one, I had asked about a possible
low thyroid. I was told that he doesn't have the signs and symptoms of
low thyroid and  it was  not really necessary to do the test.  Since he had to
have  labs anyway we did a thyroid test.  His thyroid level is 0.6 (low).
Doc said that this could be caused by him being ill right now.
So for my question...does the thyroid level drop when a dog is ill?
I am just really curious about this and still wondering if the cause of
his seizures is hypothyroidism.

I do want to thank every one for the drool and prayers.
Now I think we can send some of that leftover drool and some of our
added drool on to those who are in need.

Karen and The Dog House Gang