[Dailydrool] Dear Droolers

Pamela Tanzey pamtanzey at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 13 19:03:02 PST 2009

Dear Droolers,
There has been no one as kind and thoughtful and supportive as the folks on
the Daily Drool when one has a question, or a sick loved one or has suffered
a loss.

You have helped me just recently when my dear boy Duncan died so
unexpectantly last month.

In my, gosh 10, 11, 12 years of being a member of this community I have
learned about vacuums over and over, what to do about gummy armpits and ear
infections, fell in love with da Moose, Forever Queen Fey Fey, Forever Queen
Ethel and all of the Queens and Kings. I've laughed, been a part of the
Goose Gaggle road trips, lost my muse, my own Queen Gracie on September 11,
then Duncan the man of the house took over. I survived a divorce,
depression, losing my family, moving to a foreign land (Las Vegas), losing
my horse, my business and going out into the working world again after 22
years of working at home with my dogs, and losing my Bunkie all with the
help of the Drool.

I've celebrated like nobody's business too, and made lots friends and
laughed and loved the stories and the wonderful Howliday cards.

There has always been a fair amount of Bassetspeak and a fair amount of
folks insisting their opinions are the only correct ones. There was Nancy
keeping it in check, stopping it before it became abusive and giving a
scruff shake as a good mom does to those who wouldn't let up. Then we had
Moderators.

Somewhere along the line of me being too tired or busy and skimming through
the Drools I noticed the moderators disappeared. What happened to them?

Somewhere along the line I noticed the familiar Droolers names not appearing
anymore and now Sylvie is quitting also.

The Drool is a fine playground for newcomers and Bassetspeak as well it
should be. I enjoy Bob the Dog and as a fellow artist adore his work, but I
recently read even he had been slandered.

It seems there are bullies on the playground. I don't know who they are.
Frankly I don't care. I skim the bassetspeak. My Bassets don't talk that way
and they know how to behave in a pack, not to mention in public.

So now that you have chased off the elder Droolers, the breeders and the
moderators I guess you have the playground to yourselves. At what cost?

Do your cute babbling bassets know what to do when they are scared to death
at the vet and start swallowing air and no one notices? Do they know what to
do when bloat hits in the middle of the night? And what about glaucoma, or
the vet with an angle on a new wing that tells you he can straighten those
crooked legs, for a mere oh $2,500.00?

You have chased off a wealth of knowledge that you cannot replace with your
PETA pamphlets and militant rescue attitudes.

Duncan would have said all of this way more charming I'm sure,
but as for me I'm just tired and it all seems too stoopid.

Enjoy your playground kids.
God bless all of you. God bless the Drool.
I'm gathering up my pig ears and as they say at Trader Joe's where I spend
most of my time now, I'm stepping down.

Pam Tanzey