[Dailydrool] Miss Twinkle Toes Update

BubbaDoggInc at aol.com BubbaDoggInc at aol.com
Tue Jan 13 19:48:49 PST 2009

Twinkle Toes is heading to the surgeon tomorrow but the local CBHR vet says
she apparently has more injuries to her hip than was thought. Her pelvic
fracture and an injury not noted before to her hip joint must heal before  she can
have surgery on her ACL. Her foster mommas are giving her all the TLC  she
needs and the volunteers of CBHR who love her are anxiously awaiting the
surgeon visit. We were able to get Little Frannie, the dog with no hip or knee
joints, into a wonderful forever home and we know we will find the perfect home
for Miss Twinkle Toes after her long recovery from being hit by a car. She went
 from the side of a road to the shelter to a plane ride and then into the
arms of  two loving foster mommas. What a week she has had!

We thank you all for your encouraging messages to her and appreciate all  the
drool sent her way. The special needs dogs touch our hearts. Obviously, all
the gentle basset people on the drool feel that in their hearts too.

Maybe we should live like dogs in the present and forget all the turmoil  and
concentrate on the care and love of our bassets and wannabes. The support of
the drooler community is invaluable when you have a sick doggy or need some
TLC  when a furbaby goes to the Rainbow Bridge. No one understands the pain
like a  fellow drooler or knows how to comfort like a drooler. The breeders
generously  share their knowledge about the breed on many occasions and it's most
helpful. It's a very special family, and all families disagree sometimes  but
they don't stop loving each other.

On a happy note, I will be getting a new foster baby very soon. He is very
thin and love starved so the "Ratboyz" and I look forward to helping him on the
 journey back to health. Our last foster went to his new forever home last
weekend and is living the life of a king with adoring slaves in an Equestrian
Community. Lucky dog!

Dottie

Mom to: "The "Ratboyz"

Rusty Simon (Waddle King 2007)