[Dailydrool] Catching Up

rebecca lando rebecca.lando at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 20:38:05 PST 2009

This is Rebecca, and Humphrey. We haven't read or posted to the DD in
months. Life has been crazy.

Humphrey is now 14 months old, and for the most part, the changes in him are
astounding. I think he was something like 4 months when we first joined the
Drool, and to be honest, some days were a total nightmare, with the
teething, and the constant pooping on the rug, and whatnot. Cut to a year
later, and he drops his ball into our hands instead of making us tug for it;
knows different names for most of his toys; and it's been 3 months since he
had an accident on the floor.

It looks like I came back to the Drool in a moment of drama. As a
professional writer myself (screenwriter), I generally obsess over
grammatical errors and misused words. Despite all this, 'bassetese' doesn't
bother me. If I can't readily understand what one person is trying to say in
a post, I move on. I have no business judging anyone else, but I don't see
why this very mundane and generally inoffensive practice can't be observed
by all: if something doesn't interest you, move on. Furthermore, I no more
find it fair for, say MomPerson to stop the 'bassetese' as I find it fair
for Sylvie McGee to feel she has to leave the Drool simply because of this
argument. From one liberal vegan animal welfare/rights supporter to whoever
the rest of you are, to each his own, everyone.

Anyway, I hope everyone's doing well, and if Humphrey knew what the Drool
was I'm sure he would, too. Happy new year to everyone, and drool to anyone
in need of it.

-Rebecca, Humphrey, & Professor Bix the Grumpy old St. Berkita