[Dailydrool] Basset Verbal "Skills"

Judy Berryhll fool4bassets at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 03:01:00 PST 2009

The UK readers must get a real kick out of our discussions of the "English" language as if we here in the US actually do speak it!  Was it Professor Henry Higgins ("Pygmalion" aka "My Fair Lady") who summed up accents and mispronunciations of the English language by stating, " Why in America, they haven't used it for years!"
Whenever I read a Bassetese story, I can't help but picture a basset "speaking". Can anyone imagine one of these bumbling, mischievous, sad faced con artists speaking correct English? It took me about a year before I started reading these entries, but now I can't miss a single one, I have to get my "fix" daily or I feel deprived!!
Anyone who can appreciate the precious and unique qualities of a Basset Hound must also have the capacity to see the humor in the thought of one them with giant paws banging away on a computer and "slaying" any language they choose.
I do agree that we two-leggers need to polish our speaking skills on occasion, but let's allow our 4-legged comrades to entertain us however they may.

Drool to all,
Judy & her Nemesis, Archie von Cruisinbunz  (now there's an example of slaying the language, hey ?)