[Dailydrool] My thoughts...

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Wed Jan 14 07:05:28 PST 2009

 I LOVE THE DROOL.? Plain and simple...

Since the day I stumbled on it three years ago after foolishly supporting puppy mills by getting Daisy Belle from a pet store.? No one here scolded me for doing so, just showed me by their posts how important responsible breeding is to having a healthy Basset hound with a long life.? Those whose lives revolve around saving homeless and abused Bassets reminded me that there is always room for one...or two or three more.? Hence, Delilah Belle, Dozer and Dudley, our wild-child.

I've learned what to feed the houndage and what can be a problem, how to spot possible health problems, how to clean dirty ears, dirty bellies and big, dirty feet.? I've learned how to nip behavioral problems in the bud or, deal with established ones.? I've learned why hounds ahroo and what a "Bell Hound" is.? I've learned that some hounds love ktties while others would prefer to snack on them.?

I've laughed 'til my sides ached at the antics of Nigel and Llewis, Brudder Elwood, Elder Clara and the rest of the OEBE gang.? And I've cried until I thought I had no more tears at the loss of hounds for whom life was far too hard and too short...

I've made new friends that I will probably never see in "Real LIfe" but are friends just the same.? Every one of you here has touched my life in some way for no man (or woman) is an island.? We who love these long eared, droopy eyed, big-footed, Frito-smelling creatures of ours are just people - who occasionally have a bad day and vent, in what is for me, at least, a "safe" place to do so.? Since we cannot hear tone of voice sometimes we "hoomans" misinterpret the meaning behind it.

Sylvie and others who are considering leaving the list, PLEASE reconsider.? We need your wisdom, we need Nigel and Llewis's humor and the shared love and experience that ties us together as owners and lovers of those canine clowns, our Bassets.

Sincerely,
Sandi, Mamaslave to The Belles and The Boys - Daisy, Delilah, Dozer and Dudley

?Sandi / NJMedic702