[Dailydrool] Nasty on the drool

Zoe Lorca smallcrimson1 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 14 09:59:46 PST 2009

This kind of stuff, slamming people for expressing their hounds in whatever way they choose is why I left.  I'm a new Mom to rescue Max Security Lorca, (Thank you Suncoast Basset Rescue!!!)  and he is a much more sensitive little guy than White Fang ever was and is afraid to put his thoughts out there in case he gets his snooter bit off.

I still lurk, but if I want sturm & drung, I'll just go to work, thanks.

Zoe

From: EssieSchwartz at aol.comDate: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 00:59:13 -0500To: dailydrool at dailydrool.orgSubject: [Dailydrool] Nasty on the drool

I have been on the drool since the advent of my beloved Homer joined our hosehold in the early 90's....It was a wonderful place,and we had a lot of fun...Now, I post only sympathy notes..Why?  because a lot of my posts got returned to me by the moderators...for some reason they didn't like them.  Nancy Gallagher never did that.   There was a wonderful outpouring of love when my Homer went to the Bridge; in fact I saved everything and made a book out of all of the comments. Oh, and half of my personal sympathy notes go unanswered, too.
  For a while after, I kept posting, and also for a long while in the beginning of droopy rescue..sending them money monthly even when it was a hardship..it was graciously accepted.  BUTt WHEN IT CAME TO TRYING TO ADOPT ANOTHER BASSET....EVEN DROOPY WOULD NOT HELP ME..even, the then the coordinator of adoptions, who lived in Pittsburgh snubbed me!  We wound up with help from Jim Willis who found us Sammy down in N. Carolina.  Sammy is a half basset, but we couldn't love him more.  I've been kind of bitter at the drool ever since... not even ohio basset, Brood, or ABC offered to help us find another basset... All of these rescues exist and want money...and more money...but what do they do with the bassets?  I can't help wondering because we searched for 6 months before finding Sammy...and no rescue offered us a basset!
  Now, wonder if the moderators will let me post this one.
      Esther