[Dailydrool] Watson says hello again

Katie Strobel katie.strobel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 10:18:47 PST 2009

Hi everyone,
I've been neglecting my duties as Watson's transcriber ever since
December when I started into my Finals week. Having once again
survived to endure another semester of law school, and having rested
for three weeks, I am back at school in Wyoming. It was great to get
home and see Watson - who missed me terribly. His dadperson is always
put off whenever he arrives home only to be greeted by Watson for a
millisecond because he's hoping I come in the door behind dadperson. I
think Watson is going to have to stay in Colorado this semester as I
am taking 1 extra class and I have assumed the duties of the secretary
of the student body of the law school. I don't know exactly what
possessed me to do these things, but here I am.

Watson is doing great! I think I am just conditioned to expect him to
hurt himself of become sick as we never really get much of a break
from the vets office. However, we went to Estes Park Colorado for New
Years and Watson had a great time. He encountered real live elk and
wanted to go closer, but I thought better of that idea. We were just
walking along in the woods and happened upon a herd of elk grazing a
few feet away. It was windy so I had a hood on and my head was down.
Watson stopped cold and went into basset stealth mode which made me
look up expecting a wolf or a rabbit. I was startled when I saw an
enormous Elk just 10 feet away from where we were standing. I had to
drag Watson back to the cabin and listen to him whine for hours while
he sat and looked out the window at the elk. All I could picture
during the entire episode was those Tv shows - "When Animals Attack" I
could just imagine Watson trying to catch himself an elk while I was
being chased by the herd.

Anyways, all is well out here in the West. Reports from Colorado
indicate that Watson is extremely upset with me for not letting him
tag along to Wyoming, but I think he's actually happier in Colorado
for the time being. I just don't have the time right now to give him
the attention he deserves. I miss him a lot but this way there is less
guilt than there would be if I left him at home all day while I
studied at school.

On another note - it would be absolutely tragic for us to loose
Momperson or Susan. They are both lovely contributors to the drool and
reasons why we love to read it everyday. I know that those with hurt
feeling are allowed to express their opinions, but let's act like
grownups here and just move on. I absolutely love the daily drool and
I just want to get back to loving our hounds. All contributors to this
list make it what it is. Watson adds that he would dearly miss Nigel
and Llewis's tales and the ideas he gets from them to "improve" his
own behavior.

It's time for me to start paying attention in class so I hope everyone
is healthy and happy and we send drool to those houndies that need it.
Much love from Colorado/Wyoming
Katie and Watson