[Dailydrool] Mutiny & the Full Moon

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Wed Jan 14 10:24:11 PST 2009

When my dogs started acting weird, I always look at the calendar (or the
night sky).  More often than not, it is a full moon.  Now some may pooh-pooh
the notion that a full moon has any influence on the behavior of animals
and/or people, but I can speak from personal experience - it does have an
effect.  As a teacher, I saw first hand how the full moon affected kids -
they were so squirrelly on some full moons, especially if there was a
weather change occurring also.  Then as a school administrator - oh my
goodness - you could count on the "less stable" parents being in your office
on a full moon with some issue, often totally irrational.  Then, as a dog
mom - if my guys are going to have a "tussle" over something, it will
inevitably be on or near the full moon.  Talk to an OB nurse - there are
more babies born on a full moon than on any other day in the month.  I saw
that myself when my daughter was on hospitalized bed rest carrying the
twins.  I left the hospital at 5 PM - daughter was the only patient - called
back at 3 AM for an emergency c-section for her and they were overflowing
into the halls.  It was wild!

Hmmmm . I wonder .. Has the full moon attacked the DD??

Sandi Wittenberg - Red Bay Bassets

sandi at redbaybassets.com