[Dailydrool] Nelly Belle and the cold woodstove

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Wed Jan 14 13:31:58 PST 2009

My senior gal, Nelly Belle has taken very well to having not only
a home but a slave as well.  Three short months ago she was just
happy to have a comfy place to rest and someone to love her.

The weather here on Monday was in the 70's and that evening
it was warm enough that I didn't need a fire or so I thought.
Yesterday morning the house was a little cool at 62 degrees.  Evidently
this was too cool for Nelly Belle.  After breakfast she settled down for
a comfy nap on the bed nearest the woodstove.  It did not take her
very long to figure out that the woodstove had grown cold.   I was catching
up on the drools, when Nelly Belle decided that she needed to get my attention
with a little roo.  I looked down at her and said " What's the matter?"
She then looked at me then looked at the stove, then back at me.
I then tried to convince her that is was suppose to be a nice day
and we didn't need a fire.  She however was not convinced.  She continued
with the little attention getting  roos and kept looking at the stove and me.

Being the well trained MommaSlave I offered her the heating pad.  Nelly decided
that even though she likes to steal Momma's heating pad, this is not enough and
continued to voice her displeasure of not having a fire.
Finally I relented and built a little fire to appease my senior gal.  She happily
snuggled on the bed and went straight to dreamland.

I have come to realize that they have me right where they want me.

Droolz to all in need,
Karen and The Dog House Gang