[Dailydrool] advice needed

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 14 16:44:46 PST 2009

Hi everyone,I am wondering if anyone has experience using Chlorhexaderm in the treatment of allergy related yeast infections. As I am trying to make Pierre as comfortable as possible while he is on allergy medicine withdrawal, I treated his small to medium size yeast infection that is where his collar would rest, around his neck.  I leave his collar off when he is inside, and when I do use it, it is a fleeced covered (removable fleece for easy washing) leather collar.  I usually maintain this spot, if it flares, with animax ointment, and when necessary, I shave the area to let it breath more.  Today, I tried Chlorhexaderm instead of the animax because the animax is greasy, even though effective. Chlorhexaderm is used in the treatment of yeast infections.  It is now about 5 hours post application of Chlorhexaderm, and I checked the site.  While it is not quite pustulated, it is very red and pimple like, looking more aggravated than before.  The animax healed quietly with no irritation.  I hope I have not caused him more discomfort in the process of trying to heal him.  He did not scratch at it or react as if the medicine was irritating him.  Pierre the enigma!!!!!!Love, Peace and DroolJackie and the herd