[Dailydrool] Biggest Feet?

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Wed Jan 14 17:24:09 PST 2009

"So, the question is--how big is your basset's foot? And if you have something larger (Synthia and the Newfies?) how big are theirs?"

Well, since I was specifically asked, I had them step on a tape measure. Not sure how that compares to the actual prints in snow...

Kahuna has the biggest Basset feet at 3 3/4"
Baja the Saint is 4"
Ace the Newf is 4 1/2" (some may be fur, but I tried to just get the foot)

I would think Mastiff, Saint or Newf likely.  Danes are big, but with a leaner build and longer, narrower foot. Not many others that would compare in size. Maybe you'll actually meet who makes the prints one of these days and make friends with "big foot". Let us know if you ever find out!

Synthia (happy I don't need to buy shoes for all these feet!)
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Kahuna, Pearl
and big kids Ace, Baja, Maya