[Dailydrool] Couple of things

Anita Woodrum a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 14 19:29:37 PST 2009

Couple of things here:

1.  Moderators - THANK YOU!!!

2.  Can somebody tell me what a "long-haired" Basset is?  Background - in
the fall the Basset Hound Nationals were held here in Plano, Texas, and my
girls and I took part in the "Parade of Rescues."  Well, we're hanging
around the hotel before the rescue parade, talking to various people (yes,
I'm a yacker), and a couple said something about Gracie being a
"long-haired" Basset.  Which doesn't make sense to me, she's got a normal,
short, very shiny coat.  Except what I call her ruff (area around her neck
and in between front shoulders) is a touch longer and sort of curls a bit,
but no other areas.  Anyone??

3.  Neither of my two girls speak Basset - Holly almost never speaks, she's
very sweet and quiet and worries a lot, so I spend lots of time telling
Holly that everything is okay.  Gracie talks all the time, but she sounds
like Eleanor Roosevelt with a deep voice.  I'd be more than willing to type
if she spoke basset, but no, it's Eleanor Roosevelt -- and how the heck do
you transcribe Eleanor Roosevelt's tone and accent?  It's way beyond my
skill level.

4.  Good to hear from Nigel and Llewis and the gang.  What's going on with
you, Brudder Elwood?

Hugs and love and healing thoughts and drool to everybody on the Daily Drool
from

Anita Woodrum, Almost Elder Gracie, Holly the Dolly, and the (evil) kitties

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net