[Dailydrool] Couple of things

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Thu Jan 15 09:13:30 PST 2009

I had never heard of that until I moved to Texas.  The group we got our
Gus from said the same thing about him since his neck fur is a tiny bit
longer, coarser and curls a bit.  I haven't found any thing about it
written down so I'm clueless as well.  All we know is he's a basset,
acts like a basset, talks like a basset, etc..... just like the others do ;)

"2.  Can somebody tell me what a "long-haired" Basset is?  Background --
in the fall the Basset Hound Nationals were held here in Plano, Texas,
and my girls and I took part in the "Parade of Rescues."  Well, we're
hanging around the hotel before the rescue parade, talking to various
people (yes, I'm a yacker), and a couple said something about Gracie
being a "long-haired" Basset.  Which doesn't make sense to me, she's got
a normal, short, very shiny coat.  Except what I call her ruff (area
around her neck and in between front shoulders) is a touch longer and
sort of curls a bit, but no other areas.  Anyone??"