[Dailydrool] Bassets and dachsunds

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 22:36:13 PST 2009

"at the same time appreciate a feisty little ball of energy like
Doxies, rude, hyperactive and total egomaniacs!"

HAH!  Not to quibble... (ooh, wouldn't "Quibble" be a great name for a
basset???), but that perfectly described the younger Pw. Annabelle,
and did and still does tdescribe the almost-8-years-old Hector.  Both
are bassets.

In oru case, though, Noel (DH) had dachshunds growing up and got a
dachshund pup as soon as he moved into off-campus housing, in college.
 We owned dachshunds for 10 years, then, when we bought our first
house, and had a fenced yard, we got  a  basset because he (and I
quote) wanted " a dog, like a dachshund, but a little bigger, to
wrestle with.  And bassets are cute."  Hah!  Sometimes, now, when
Bozlee ate Noel's cell phone, or Hector throws up on our bed, I will
say "YOU wanted a basset.  This is ALL your fault!"

We still love dahcshunds, and will probably have another someday, once
our numbers come down a bit....
--
Menzie Campbell
Save a Life - Don't Shop, ADOPT!