[Dailydrool] pros/cons of adding a 2nd dog

Brooke Blew bblew42 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 08:03:29 PST 2009

hi all - we are seriously considering adopting a second dog. he was rescued from a kill shelter in GA and brought here (New England) and is currently living w/ a foster family. he recently had a hind leg amputated because his previous "owners" left a broken femur uncared for, for over a year! anyway - he's totally adapted to three legs and needs a loving home.

we already have one basset ... moses, who's 6-months old. is it too early to introduce a second dog. by all accounts the shelter dog LOVES other dogs, kids, etc ... and our moses couldn't be more friendly and happy-go-lucky.

are we crazy for considering this??

thanks,
brooke