[Dailydrool] Kelvin's ear visit with the vet

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Thu Jan 15 13:43:05 PST 2009

Was not good.

He has ulcers in both ears and scars from old ulcers. Vet said bacterial
source due to the smell, "I know that smell very well". On a very heavy
duty antibiotic for 7 days, recheck in 5 days.
He had to be sedated for the cleaning and only after all the junk was
removed were the ulcers visible. Took a half hour to get them cleaned
out!! His ears were 'packed' with salve that will deliver numbing meds,
topical antibacterial and keep anything from getting down in the ulcer
so it can heal.
We go back on Tuesday for another deep cleaning.

Never had an ear infection with any animals here.  New territory here.

Carmen