[Dailydrool] Long-haired basset

Anne Savidge AnneSavidge at dcccd.edu
Fri Jan 16 07:09:11 PST 2009

I do not know this hound's name (nor do I know if she is a Drool hound), but there has been a long-haired basset at the NTBR Shuffle for several years now. I refer to her as "Fancy" because she is unique. She is an open tricolor with lots of freckles, but her hair is thick and wavy, and her tail has about 2 inches of silky fringe hanging from tip to base. When she wags her tail, it looks like a flag. She's all basset, though. Her people got her from a reputable breeder who said the long hair is just a recessive trait.

Auntie Anne